So you purchased your first extract kit from your local homebrew store (LHBS) and your getting ready for your brew day by reading all the instructions the day before. We made a short tutorial to help you understand how each of the steps are to be performed for the entire brew day process. Be sure to check out our bottling video to come. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Subscribe to us on Youtube to stay up to date on our latest videos!
Extract kit includes:
- Yeast (usually needs to be purchased separately, confirm from your LHBS)
- Recipe with instructions
- Liquid/Dry Malt extract
- hop additions
- muslin bag
- Specialty grains
- PBW is used to clean the equipment
- Star San is used to sanitize everything
- 3 gallon stock pot
- 6.5 primary fermenter
- 7.5 gallon or larger brew pot (allows you to perform a full boil)
- Chiller (plate or immersion)
Tips to Make Good Beer
- If it doesn’t look clean, its not clean. Its important to not only make sure everything that comes into contact with the beer is clean, but also sanitized. PBW and Star San work perfectly for this.
- Make sure to remove the kettle or pot from your flame or heating element while adding your extract. This is to ensure it does not stick and burn to the bottom.
- Make sure the yeast will survive in the environment you plan on fermenting in. (Temperature) Different strings of yeast will thrive in different temperatures.
Hope you have enjoyed our video, let us know if you have any questions and make sure to subscribe to us on YouTube to stay up to day on our videos. Cheers!